Autism Together Community: a community of peers who help each other
Welcome to the Autism Together Community, your online community! A unique place to connect with autistic individuals and their families.
What does it look like?
Autism Together Community is a place where you can inform yourself, share your experiences and find support.
It is both:
- A website to learn about autism, which includes diagnoses such as ASD, Asperger’s syndrome, PDD or PDD-NOS.
- A safe, confidential and anonymous online community to engage in writing with other people touched by autism.
To become a member of the online community, you must register.
We want to provide a safe space for autistic people and their parents or caregivers, so that they can share the knowledge they develop on a daily basis.
By sharing their experiences, members of the online community benefit from the strength of their knowledge about autism.
With Autism Together Community, we also want to demystify autism.
Who can be a member?
The online community is primarily intended to:
- Autistic people who are 16 years old or over
- To their parents or caregivers
To become a member of Autism Together Community and have access to the online community, you must register.
How to register ?
Click on the “I register now” button to fill out the registration form. Since the online community is anonymous, you will need to create a pseudonym for yourself to interact with other members without being recognized.
You can start discussing right after you register. You will receive an information email to learn how to navigate the community.
That’s it, you’re a member of the online community! You can now explore the discussion platform, ask your questions as well as share your experiences with other members for answers and support.
Invite people you know and who are touched by autism to become a member of the community Autism Together.
- CHU Sainte-Justine
- Fédération québécoise de l’autisme
- CIUSSS de la Mauricie-et-du-Centre-du-Québec
- CIUSSS du Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal
- CIUSSS du Nord-de-l’île-de-Montréal
- Institut universitaire en DI et en TSA
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Ministère de l’économie et de l’innovation
- Fondation petits trésors
This project has a certificate from the CHU Sainte-Justine Research Ethics Board.